- The royal wedding? Hours of TV time, tons of newsprint devoted to this intriguing, artful, spiritual event.
- Antics of national leaders: Trump and Kim. A sideshow seemingly stoking the narcissism of both leaders.
- A stock market that's been in urgent care since January, fighting off a cold caused by rising interest rates in the U.S.
- Another horrific school shooting in Texas, U.S.A.
Realistically, my fellows, burden is on you and me.
So, I offer some examples of ordinary people making a difference:
- A couple of days ago on my normal evening exercise walk I saw a semi-disheveled man walking in the knee-high grass along the roadside. He would walk a couple of steps and bend over to pick something. Curious me: I stopped and asked what he was picking.
- Next evening: on my walk I turned my eyes to a hill to the northeast. Right at the top of the hill I spotted a windmill. Apparent location: on farmland, at the top of what seemed like sloping vineyard. Apparently the farmer found an incentive of some kind to justify the expense of the windmill. In the eastern Columbia River Gorge huge windmill farms owned by utilities create energy for utilities and for me as a customer of an electrical utility company. The clean energy industries are doing their job. With that oil costs are rising back to normal just now, I'd predict a growing interest in alternative sources.
- My youngest grandson shared an illustration he'd made a while back. I'm proud of him: an illustration with the same title as that of this blog: "Growing Green 2 Ways."