To what are these leaders calling Americans (and people across the world)? The elders call believers to recover fundamental beliefs and values at a time of crisis.
I support their approach and have decided to echo their remarks while adding points that they overlooked.
"We believe that the soul of the nation and the integrity of faith are now at stake."
They assert that political actors are deliberately undermining Christian faith and normal American political roles.
- Politics' roles include restraining the bad and reward the good--to ensure justice and peace.
"Jesus is Lord." That's the foundation of Christian belief.
- The elders reject racism and bigotry at all levels of society.
- They call out sexual harassment and assaults on women, and any oppression of any child of God.
- They continue further to call out abandonment of the poorest and most vulnerable among us.
- They reject autocratic political leadership and authoritarian rule.
- First dimension: care for the health of the planet. It's a sin against God to tear apart and trash the American Environmental Protection Agency and global environmental agreements.
- Second dimension: support for safe, ennobling global networking.
Note to all readers: According to Google, its host, this blog's settings have changed. All visitors are now able to view it over an encrypted connection. Same address: https://www.darrellreeck.com. Existing links and bookmarks will continue to work