- U.N. report on HOMELESSNESS in America.
- How to follow homelessness in your town.
- Invitation to you: ideas for posts.
- Chapter 1: "Home."
- Chapter 2: "Taking Leave of Love: 1960"
- Chapter 3: "European Paths: Fall, 1960"
- Chapter 4: "West Africa, 1960-61"
- Chapter 5: "Beeline Back to Love"
- Page 6: An engaging In-Print Gift Book Suggestion: Pacific Northwest Stories of Home, Garden, Fishing and Boating, Growing Up WW II ERA.
Saturday, June 2, 2018
PEEKING INTO REALITY OF HOMELESSNESS IN WORLD'S WEALTHIEST NATION
KEY TOPICS in this post:
1. HOMELESSNESS IN AMERICA.
The United Nations reports that millions of CHILDREN--that's right, CHILDREN--are homeless in America. Coverage of the shocking report is easily available to you. Just go to this link: UN Report on Homelessness. You'll find a Guardian story you'll be able to read in just a few minutes. American readers will find the report to be shocking. Global readers be thankful that their societies are coping with the challenge of homelessness better than the Americans.
I can't state too strongly that The Guardian article is important reading for you. It covers the UN report and the fact-finding behind the report in certain American communities and in the nation broadly.
2. HOMELESSNESS IN YOUR TOWN. Suppose you want information on homelessness in your town. I suggest an internet search like "Homelessness in xxx." (substitute your community's name for "xxx".)
As a trial run, I searched for "Homelessness in Topeka" and found this great story of a man's personal mission action the homeless through his employer, The Salvation Army. I encourage you: do a similar search for information in your community. For example, search for "Homelessness in (Portland) and substitute your community's name.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR IDEAS FOR POSTS IN THE FUTURE.
You prove that you're a supporter of the values of helping the neighbor just by reading this post. So I invite you to send me ideas for my own reading as I prepare to post more in this series on homelessness. You can contact me easily by using the comment feature below this post article.
As you brainstorm, you'd probably get ideas from previous post I've written on an experience with the homeless in my city--Portland, Oregon. Click here to open that post.
HOW ELSE CAN YOU HELP WITH RECLAIMING VALUES?
My commitment in this blog is to apply traditional values to current realities. I try to answer the question: what are we to do? Homelessness is a current reality that is global in scope. Join me in the quest to face, rather than ignore, this reality.
Share your ideas and COMMENT below.
Share this post and future posts: click the SHARE button below.