- listening to holiday music.
- rushing to buy or order last minute gifts.
- the stock market closing early so that traders can get to really important business—last-minute preparation for December 25.
- Cooks preparing special treats: nut breads, cookies, ginger bread men.
- Decorations that you see only once a year come out of storage: tree decorations, strings of lights.
- Christians crowding churches to hear the magical music and listen to the old, old story.
Whether your family celebrates once or twice, keep that Christmas state of mind active all year, every year. That's the best gift you can give.
P.S.: a Christmas gift you can give: ask someone (a nurse?, a friend) about their favorite Christmas memory.)